Academic Technology Printing Services
In order to use Academic Technology facilities, you must have a valid Gatorlink Account.
|Black & White Laser Printing - Single Sided||$0.10|
|Black & White Laser Printing - Double Sided||$0.08|
|Color Laser Printing - Single Sided||$0.75|
|Large Format Plotter||$3.00
per linear foot
|Large Format Plotter - High Quality Paper||$10.00
per linear foot
Where can I print?
Where can I get help with printing?
In each of the Academic Technology labs, you can receive help from Academic Technology Technology Consultants. Each of these employees will be wearing a blue vest and are technically trained to assist you.
How do I pay? Where do I pay?
You do not directly pay Academic Technology printing fees. The fees are charged to your Gatorlink account. You will be e-billed at the end of the month with miscellaneous charges for Academic Technology printing, which will show up on your Student Financials account. To view your charges, visit http://my.ufl.edu and navigate to 'My Campus Finances'.
Can I use my own paper in the color printer or plotter?
Most glossy and photo papers will damage our printers, so we do not allow their use. For higher quality paper, you may print in the Application Support Center Lab located in Hub 224.
What are the plotters?
Our plotters can be thought of as high quality color printers with large scale printouts. The largest job that they can print out is 36 inches x 108 inches. If you are interested in using them, talk to a Technology Consultant and they can guide you in. As mentioned above, the charge is $3.00 per linear foot. The plotters are limited to non-commercial use.
What is the Printing Refund Policy?
In the rare case an error occurs while printing, adjustments can be made to the charges, or a refund can be issued, to the charged account in the following situations:
- Printer malfunctions (including, but not limited to streaks, low toner, paper jams, no paper, etc.)
- Formatting errors caused by a malfunction in the system or printer causing the document to print incorrectly
A refund will NOT be issued for the following reasons:
- Sending more than one copy to a printer
- Jobs sent to and released from an incorrect printer
- Printing an incorrect file
- Formatting problems not caused by a system or printer malfunction (incorrect font size, spacing, and other user errors that should be corrected during review of the document prior to printing)
- Print jobs that are delayed due to high user demand and subsequently never picked up
- Prints made by someone other than the account holder. It is the account holder’s responsibility to protect and never share a Gatorlink username and password. Not following this rule is a violation of the University of Florida’s Acceptable Use Policy which states that users are responsible for any activity originating from their accounts which they can reasonably be expected to control. Accounts and passwords may not, under any circumstances, be used by persons other than those to whom they have been assigned
- Users found printing on personal paper or attempting to print on paper not supplied by the University
If you believe the print job qualifies for a refund then the following steps must be taken to receive credit for the jobs in error
- Contact the UF Computing Help Desk within five (5) business days of the job being released at (352) 392-4357 or by visiting in person at Hub 132.
- You must provide your name, UFID, contact information and the Job ID number. The job ID number can be found by logging into the User Menu at charges.at.ufl.edu and selecting the month when the job occurred. This information can also be located on the Printing Receipt Email that you received after releasing the job.
- The refund request and print logs will be reviewed and you will be notified by email once the review is complete and a decision reached.
Please note that if you experience an error in printing and are still present in the facility, you can bring the incorrectly printed pages to one of the Technology Consultants and be credited immediately.