Double sided and Color printing has arrived! Supported file formats for web and email printing are: Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF. Driver printing supports all file formats. […]
- Web Printing
Description: Use Web Print to print by uploading a document or entering a Web address. Instructions: Login to the mobile site and select "Web Print" from the menu. Follow the on-screen instructions. Once the print job status changes to "Awaiting release", it will give you the option to choose one of three printers. To print double sided, click the Advanced check box next to the desired printer and select Long-side (most common). Click the button for the printer (1 Sided, 2 Sided or Color). Once the print job status changes to "Printed", you can login to the nearest print release station to retrieve your print job.Note: For double sided printing, you must select Long-side (most common) from the Advanced tab
- Email Printing
Description: Email messages and attachments can be printed by emailing email@example.com. Instructions: Before using the email print option for the first time, register your email by visiting https://mobileprint.at.ufl.edu/registeremail/ and logging in with your GatorLink username and password.Then, send the email you would like to print to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to add the printer name as the subject line of your email in the format of p:<printer>. The printer names are: 1 Sided, 2 Sided, and Color and are case sensitive. Email printing may take up to 5 minutes, depending on the originating email and the size of the files sent.
- Setting Favorite Printers
Description: Sets which printers are available to choose from in the web interface. Instructions: If you are in a location that does not have access to a color printer you can remove the option. Click on the My Printers tab and, using the check boxes, select the printers that you wish to view as options. If none are checked, it defaults to all printers shown.
- Driver Printing
Description: Printers can be installed directly onto a laptop and printed without the need to visit a webpage.
- On your computer, open an Internet browser and enter the address http://localhost:631/admin- the below screen will appear. Click Add Printer.
- Enter a name for example SecurePrinter or a similar name of your choice, and click Continue.
- Choose Internet Printing Protocol (IPP), and click Continue.
- In Device URI enter the exact address below and click Continue:ipp://mobileprint.at.ufl.edu:631Queue: ipp/<alpha numeric string>/<alpha numeric string> (Please Note: the alpha numeric string can be obtained in the “Driver Print” tab on the mobileprint.at.ufl.edu website) For 1 Sided printing the ID is ATLABBW1SIDED For 2 Sided printing the ID is ATLABBW2SIDED For Color printing the ID is ATLABCL1SIDE
- In Make/Manufacturer, choose Generic and click Continue.
- In Model/Driver choose Generic PostScript Printer and click Add Printer
- Success! Now just print as normal from within the programs you use, and when you print, choose the new printer you created.
- Documents you send to print are automatically sent to the printer you just installed.
Double sided and Color printing has arrived!
Supported file formats for web and email printing are: Microsoft Office, OpenOffice, PDF, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF. Driver printing supports all file formats. These options can be accessed here.
Still using old wireless printing method? Click here for Association Site